Thursday, February 25, 2010

Today

This morning got off to a rough start when Sarah woke me up at 12:30 to tell me that she'd thrown up. Frankly, it's been a rough 7 days. Poor Sarah has been vomiting off and on (mostly at night) since last Wednesday. Combine that with Perry, who had ankle surgery on Monday and is recovering slowly.
I was feeling very sorry for myself this morning and wondering when I would see the light at the end of the tunnel. Then, before breakfast, Abby called Perry and me into our bedroom for a surprise. She had hung signs in our room that said "I hope you feel better" and left us stuffed animals. And, most impressively, she had made our bed. I felt so loved, so blessed. I hugged her and kissed her and was so thankful for my sweet little girl. Then she spoke:
A: "Do you know why I did this, Mommy?"
Me: "Well, I guess you did it because you love us?"
A: "I do love you, but I did it because Pastor Leisha told us to do something nice for our parents. She said whoever did the nicest, most creative thing would get an extra Bold Buck* next week."
That's my Abby. Always looking out for number one!

* Bold Bucks: currency that the kids earn at church for bringing their Bibles, memorizing verses, etc. Once a month these Bucks can be used to purchase small trinkets from the Camp Store.

No comments: