Friday, May 18, 2012

Really?

For the past week, I've been formulating a plan. Now that Mollie is sleeping well in her own bed in our room, I think it's time to start working on moving her to her own room. I thought it would need to be a long-term plan, because right now I can't even leave the room until she has fallen asleep. That usually takes 20-30 minutes.
But after her bath tonight, she pointed at me and perry and then pointed downstairs. Then she said "me bed" and pointed to her bed in her room. Really?? Could it be that easy? The timing isn't ideal for many reasons, but I decided to let her try it. Perry and I are on our iPads in the guest room, waiting to see if it works. She came out once to find me, but then wanted to go back to bed. Then she called me and asked for her kitty (like Sarah's Ginger), so I took that to her and said goodnight. I don't know if she's going to make it all night, or even if she'll be able to fall asleep, but I'm just amazed that she's even trying.
She had a good week, even though Perry was out of town all week. We met some friends at the park, and she made a friend; she played well with another little girl at the gym; and we found out that she got a full-time slot at the preschool we wanted!









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad