Sunday, March 29, 2009

Big News!

We had a great day. After church, I took the girls to a birthday party at the Sweet Stop. They made (and ate) candy necklaces and sundaes, played a game, then filled their Goody Bags with lots of yummy candy. They probably had more sugar today than they've had in their whole lives, combined. I learned that sugar affects them very differently. Sarah came home bouncing off the walls. She literally couldn't stand still, and at one point she was spinning in circles in the den. On the other hand, Abby fell asleep on the way home, didn't wake up when I got her out of the car, and slept in my arms for an hour.


And now for the big news...Abby has a tooth coming in! It's coming behind her baby teeth, and the tooth it's replacing is only a little loose, so I'm going to check with the dentist tomorrow to make sure it's OK. She is really really excited, and poor Sarah is devastated. "It's not fair!" I gave them both the talk about how one of them will always be first, and sometimes it will be Abby, while other times it will be Sarah. I think Sarah is handling it better now that she's gotten used to the idea, but it really did hurt her heart!

No comments: