Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Sunday I took the girls to Oak Mountain Park for a little hike. As usual, it was beautiful and fun. We got off a trail for awhile and ended up having to do a little rock climbing, but they handled it like true hiking experts. After a couple of hours of hiking, we stopped at a stream, and I let them take off their shoes and play in the water. After our hike, we came home and they played in the sprinklers. Later that night, Sarah told me that she'd had the best day EVER. Now that's good stuff!



















And p.s. Sarah wrote a poem for a newspaper contest. I don't want to post it until after the deadline, but I love that
a) she likes to write poems and
b) she likes to enter contests and
c) she'll commit to something that requires hard work (like making up a poem, and writing it legibly, and getting it all done before the deadline).
Way to go, Sarah. I'm so proud of you!

No comments: