Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cooking Out

Last night, we went to Oak Mountain (my favorite place in Birmingham) for my cousin's son's birthday (my half great aunt's daughter's son - you figure it out). They were camping and invited us to cook out and make s'mores. We had such a great time. The girls loved running around the woods looking for fairies, roasting marshmallows on sticks, and watching the fireflies dance. I was actually a little ashamed, because this was the first time S&A had ever seen fireflies. I'm much too rigid about bedtime!!! I told them about making homemade ice cream at Big Mama and Big Daddy's house growing up, and catching fireflies in jars.
I really want to take the girls camping soon, even though I don't know much about camping. I've done it a few times in my life, but it just seems harder with kids. Still, I would love to be a camping family, so I hope we'll give it a try soon. As we were leaving, Abby asked if she could have a "nature birthday party" next year. Awesome.
Here's a grainy iPhone pic, because I forgot my camera.

No comments: