Monday, August 10, 2009

Last Two Days of Summer

School starts Wednesday. Today we go to Meet the Teacher and tonight Perry & I will go to the parent meetings. I was thinking about last year, and how nervous we all were, and how sad I was to see them go off to school. This year I'm a little sad, because they're in first grade and they're growing up soooo fast, but I'm much more optimistic about the school year. I know they're going to do great, and love their teachers, and learn so much. I know I'm going to stay busy volunteering in their classrooms and working with PTO. I'm in a much better place than I was last year.
We went to a swim party yesterday, and Sarah's teacher was there with her kids. We had a great time, and now Sarah isn't at all nervous about starting school! She also has seven kids in her class that were in her kindergarten class, so that will help, too. Abby isn't the least bit nervous and just can't wait for the first day of school.
Tomorrow morning we're going to Krispy Kreme. S&A decided that we needed a back-to-school tradition, something we could do every year on the day before school. And they chose KK, which sounds good to me!

1 comment:

Heather of the EO said...

MMMM, Krispy Kreme. GREAT tradition for the whole fam :)

I cannot believe it's time for school to start, blows my mind.

Thanks for entering the giveaway and for the book suggestion. Would you believe we don't have that one? I know...