Saturday, March 17, 2012

Progress?

This has been a good week. It's funny; I've felt bonded with Mollie since very early on, but honestly I feel our bond strengthen each week. I don't really know how that's possible, since I haven't felt like our bond was lacking. When I feel us getting closer and connecting more, I'm amazed. Adoption really is such an incredible gift. How is it possible to love a child this much, when we've only known her seven weeks? Only through the grace of God.
This week, Mollie accepted my sister Debbie as family. She held her hand during the blessing at dinner, gave her a hug, and even gave her a good-bye kiss. Last week she wouldn't even acknowledge Debbie!
At the gym, Mollie started looking our friends in the eye, giving high-fives, and even accepting help from someone other than me or Perry!
We've played at a little playground a couple of times this week, and Mollie is using her right hand to hold onto a rope to climb, and hold onto the swing. She loves to play outside, and this is easy therapy. When she forgets to use her right hand, it just takes a little reminder. She is also loving the swimming pool at the Y, and she holds onto the kickboard and kicks with both legs. I see swimming lessons in our near future.












At my cousin's house, Mollie played with Lanie and went to play in her room without me.
At nap time, Mollie hasn't put up her typical big fight this week. At times she has protested a little, but it's been mild and easy to handle. This is a stark contrast to her major kicking and hitting in prior weeks.
And most miraculously of all, for the past two nights, Mollie has slept peacefully in her own bed (next to mine), with only a couple of brief wakings. I almost hate to post that, because I'm writing this at bedtime and I don't want to jinx myself. But it has been so incredible to get two decent nights sleep, and it makes me feel like we are making tremendous progress.
Tonight S&A invited their friends across the street over to play and spend the night. Fun girls - all 5 of them!!







But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: