Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Technology scares me!

Perry got an iPhone. It's amazing - I really can't believe all it can do. But at the same time, it really scares me. I opened YouTube and just browsed through the top 30 or so videos. At least5 of them had titles that offended me - all I could think about was a preteen surfing through, and how things like this must be affecting our culture. I don't mean to be a prude, but I think this kind of thing is getting out of hand. The other night, we were watching America's Funniest Home Videos on the Family Channel at 7pm. One of the commercials was about meth - and it was horrible. I was sitting there with my 5-year-olds and I'm not ready to explain these things - can't they just be little kids? Do they really need to know about drugs already? I might block every channel on our TV except Noggin - it's the only one that hasn't concerned me.
I think I do a pretty good job of protecting them from outside influences, but they're about to start kindergarten, and I know that my bubble is about to pop. I just hope I've given them a firm enough foundation.

No comments: