Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fun Day, Fondue!

Today was so gorgeous, I couldn't believe it. The past week has been dreary and frigid, and today's forecast called for a 55% chance of rain, but the sun came out and it warmed up and it was spectacular. We went to church with Debbie Debbie, then Costco, then home for a sandwich, and the we went outside. We played out front and took the girls for a bike ride (we walk and they ride, because they're still VERY tentative), and talked to some neighbors. I took the girls to the library while Perry ran some errands and then went for a run, and then we had more outdoor fun on the hammock and the trampoline when we all got back. It really was a great day.



Perry's latest house project was the outer room of the laundry room. He built in shelves and a desk and really got it looking nice. My job was to organize it, and I'm still working on that. I pulled everything out and then went through it all, and now I'm re-loading and trying to find a home for everything. As I was doing that, I ran across my two (yes, two) fondue pots, and decided that fondue could be our new food tonight. I made a chocolate sauce and had strawberries, bananas, apples and pound cake for dipping. Yummy! Abby tried everything with the chocolate sauce but decided she liked it all plain best. So she ate lots of cake and lots of fruit with her skewer, but not dipped. She's a purist. Sarah loved it all and really thought the dipping was great. Next time I'll try a cheese. And I'll try serving fruit with toothpicks and skewers as a snack - they really seemed to enjoy eating off a stick!

No comments: