Friday, January 2, 2009

Out of Hibernation

Man, that was a comfy cave I'd climbed into the past few weeks. Lots and lots (and lots) of family time, with very little computer time. I managed to check my emails and occasionally read a blog or two, but I just couldn't find the time or the motivation for a blog post. So now I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll get to that later.
As I watch Alabama get trounced in the first quarter of the Sugar Bowl, I want to post about our dinner conversation tonight. I think this was our first family dinner, just the 4 of us, since the Saturday before Christmas. I've really missed our conversations. So tonight I started talking about New Year's resolutions. I always make some, and I haven't formally written any down this year, but I have been thinking about them. When I finalize mine I'll post them. But I was talking about them at dinner, and the girls were asking questions and trying to figure it all out. Sarah said she'd resolve to keep her room clean, and also wants us to make a family resolution to have more people over. When I asked who she wanted to come over, she said, "Debbie & George and their family, Sue & Bill, Turner & Clay and all their family, and Heather." So it looks like there will be more family nights and playdates in our future. Abby said she wanted to play on the water slide more next year. ha!
Perry and I have a new addiction. It's called Blokus. I bought it for Sarah and Abby (and it's the 2-person travel edition, not the full-blown game), and Sarah likes it, but Perry and I love it. It reminds of the cribbage addiction we had early in our marriage.
I'll post some holiday pics later.

No comments: