Saturday, January 10, 2009

Random Thoughts

We had a pretty good day today, despite the gray, gloomy weather. Abby and I went to the library while Sarah stayed home and helped P do some work in the laundry room. I always enjoy a little one-on-one time with either of them, and it doesn't happen often enough. I need to work on that. Another resolution?
Yesterday I finally moved Abby's bulletin boards out of Sarah's room and into Abby's. I guess I'd been procrastinating because it made their separation seem so final. But they're both so happy with their sleeping situations, I knew it was time. Anyway, Abby's room looks really great. She needs a few pictures and maybe a little table, but it's looking really cute. Sarah wanted to know what we were going to do to her room, and I asked if she'd like to take down Abby's old bed and get a bookcase. She was thrilled. So today we went out and found her a really cute bookcase, and lamps for both rooms. Their rooms look so grown up now, and it makes us a bit sad to know that our little girls are growing up so fast.
Our New Year's Resolutions are going pretty well. I have been exercising, not as much as I need to, but I'm trying to figure out what's going to work for me. I'm just glad I've started trying to build the habit. Sarah's room is spotless, and so is Abby's closet (ha). Sadly, we haven't had any dinner parties yet (Sarah thinks we need to replace the kitchen table first, since I ruined ours doing iron-on transfers), and Abby hasn't made it to outer space, but I have tried 3 new recipes this week. Beef stroganoff wasn't a winner, but the girls liked the noodles and the meat (just not the sauce), so I might try it again with a different recipe. I also tried a broccoli/potato frittata last night that Perry and I both liked (OK from Abby and Yuck from Sarah, but she's not a big broccoli fan).
And finally, to end this rather random post, a blogging friend of mine challenged other bloggers to describe our husband's eyes. She wrote this beautiful piece of flowing prose, and I told Perry that all I could come up with was "blue." He laughed and told me that his eyes are green. Wow - I should be ashamed!

1 comment:

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Ha, that made me LOL! (the eyes part...)! Thanks for trying, though!

Did Perry tell you that I see him EVERY time I go to Walmart? And, remember, I don't even LIKE Walmart!!!

Have a great Sunday!!!