Sunday, January 22, 2012

Perspective

Until last week, I had looked at adoption as something we were doing. It was a family thing, something we felt led to do, but not a public spectacle. Perry and I have been praying for our family, and focusing on Mollie and Sarah and Abby. But as the day has drawn closer, my perspective has been changed. I've been telling my story, and in the process I've discovered that our community, not just our family, is adopting this child. Our friends and family are praying for our trip, and lining up to help us in every way imaginable. It's amazing to feel God's love that He is so clearly showing us through others. We are so blessed.

2 comments:

Minta McDavid said...

janet and Perry, Sarah and Abby please know that LOVE AND PRAYERS ABOUND. Know that ALL IS WELL, ALL WILL BE WELL ,YES , ALL MANNER OF THINGS WILL BE WELL. Blessings ~ Minta and Neil

Perry said...

Hi Minta and Neil!
Perry here. Thank you so much for your love and prayers! We're in Beijing now. 8:45 am the 26th. Seeing Great Wall today and traveling to Nanjiin to get Molly in three days! It means so much to know that you guys are holding us up in prayer. God is good!