Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Magic Confetti

We had a good "last day". We went to see Debbie's room, and the girls played "teacher". They taught us how to draw and read and the first five Presidents, but the funniest part was that they were both trying to teach at the same time. Debbie and I had a hard time keeping up!

Gymnastics classes start next week, so we decided on a shopping trip to Academy for our outing today. I was looking for something without the shiny, sequin look, but I lost the battle. Sarah looks like she's ready for the Olympics, with red white and blue shiny leotards, and Abby got the shiniest pink and purple outfits she could find. I decided to pick my battles, and this wasn't one of them!

The girls entertained each other this afternoon (and kept me laughing, despite my migraine). They hid Easter eggs (what? don't you play with Easter eggs in August?) and then cooked with them, then brought out a bunch of animals to play class, and later we played a hot game of Trouble. Sarah won, but only because I was nice and didn't send her home if I had another move! After the game, Abby meditated (complete with sound effects). I'm really not sure where she learned this!

Tonight they took a bath, read books, said their prayers, and then sprinkled their Magic Confetti under their pillow, which is supposed to help them sleep and be well-rested for school. I wish I had some of that!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Goodnight, my sweet baby girls. Tomorrow...KINDERGARTEN!

No comments: