Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How Quickly They Learn

It's been less than two weeks since I posted about how differently the girls were learning to read. I'm blown away by how much they've learned in such a short time. Today Abby came home with some sticker spelling. Up until now, this has consisted of a column of stickers, and a letter by each sticker for the beginning sound of that sticker. So, for example, she would put a heart sticker on the page, and then write an "h" by it. Like I said earlier, she hasn't brought home any work showing "kid spell". Today, though, her list had 7 items. If I get ambitious, I'll scan it and post it here. But for now, here's her list:
sofac (snowflake)
grl (girl)
bala sipz (ballet slippers)
pegwn (penguin)
fawr (flower)
hrt (heart)
balay (ballet)
Her teacher wrote "WOW," and I agree! Then, after dinner, I was downstairs playing Starfall with Sarah, and Abby was upstairs in the playroom. She came down and handed me a note, then went back up. This is what her note said:
"Mom Pez play in plarm wt me" (Mom please play in the playroom with me.)
I'm seriously blown away.

No comments: