Sunday, September 7, 2008

Paper Dolls


The girls had their first big homework assignment this weekend (fortunately they both had the same project so there were no hurt feelings). They brought home paper dolls and needed to decorate them with pictures, magazine clippings, colors, etc. The assignment was "all about me", so it's supposed to help their classmates and teachers get to know them.

I found a big stack of photos and a bunch of magazines and let the girls pick things that were important to me. They both decided to do pictures only, and after sorting through the pics 3 times, they both had it narrowed down to about 30 each. I had to step in help them get it down to about 10, and then I did most of the cutting. But they took it from there. They laid it out, glued the pictures down, decorated with stickers, and had a great time creating. These turned out really cute, and I can't wait to see what all their friends created.


We had a great weekend. Today was beautiful. We went for a Jeep ride and played in the park this afternoon, before pizza and movie night (Babe).


No comments: