Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Grief

I've been so surprised, but thrilled, that Mollie has had such an easy transition. Even today, which was bound to be emotional, didn't seem traumatic. She cried a little, but they were silent tears.
She has taken to all of us, really loving each of us in a unique way. It has been nothing short of a miracle.
But then tonight at bedtime, Mollie finally let go. She was trying to go to sleep, and she started crying. Then she started wailing. She was inconsolable. I held her and rocked her and sang to her, and she continued to wail. She finally calmed down after about 15 minutes but didn't sleep for probably another 30; she just laid there, limp in my arms. It was so sad, and as I whispered to her I felt how lost she must feel, living in a new world filled with so much hope and joy but leaving behind everything that was so familiar to her. And, since I think she was loved by a foster family at least for a short while, I can only imagine the confusion she's feeling too.
She's sleeping soundly in my bed now. I think she was grieving, letting it all go. I understand; Sarah and I had cried hours earlier, while the rest of the family was next door eating ice cream. Sometimes tears can be cathartic. I hope they helped her, the way they helped Sarah and me, and I pray it was a healing step in the transition.
Thank you all for your continued prayers. We are one huge emotional step closer to coming home.


"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying; neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away.". Revelation 21:4



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Debbie Debbie said...

The picture on the steps to the slide shows me
how God brought Abby and Sarah join in their sister's life! I'm so sorry the day was so hard, but maybe the rest of the journey will be easier. It's just time for y'all to come home!

Love you!!!!

Pandamonium Mom said...

oh, my heart breaks for Mollie, and all of you. And yet, I celebrates the hope and love that are a part of her life from now on. I know today was hard. But maybe good too? Or maybe one day you'll think that it was good - good for Mollie and good for you. I think it's a great sign that she cried so hard. She's a survivor and she's going to be a "thriver" too under your family's wonderful care. Give all three of your girls a big hug. And whew! That was potentially the most emotional day of the trip and you made it! Guranzhou will be easy and relaxed! :)