Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Not Much News

We've been busy, and Mollie has been doing really great. She's going with the flow with most of our activities- church, running errands, even Spirit Night at the mall tonight. She definitely did not like the horses at the barn, but I'm sure even that will get better in time.








She is managing her temper much better, too. She really likes to be in control and her whole demeanor changes when I tell her "no," or when I tell her that she has to do something that she doesn't want to do. But a week ago, those things would have triggered major fits. Today, she gets sullen for a minute or two but then usually snaps out of it quickly. She has started cleaning up her toys when I tell her to, and she's letting me pick out her clothes without too much of a fight. She's definitely starting to accept that I'm the mom and I'm in charge. She still fights me about a nap, and I get that. I really think I wouldn't even be pushing the naps if I felt better, but I'm still sick with a cold, and I'm tired, so I need her to nap.




A friend of mine who also recently adopted wrote about worry. It's something I also struggle with. When Mollie has a tantrum, I worry if I caused it. I worry if I'm handling it the right way. I worry if I'm causing her more trauma. I worry.
I'm also worried about Abby. I won't share her secrets here, but I will ask for prayers. Please lift up Abby, and Perry and me in our dealings with Abby.
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14
.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: