Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes

During your first few weeks home, you're supposed to be establishing routines and norms for your child. I've been working hard to get Mollie into a groove without disrupting Sarah and Abby's lives too much. But last night, I realized we were all holding on by a thread. Changes were needed!
Today we had some talks. Talks about working together as a family, instead of expecting Mommy and Daddy to solve all the problems. Talks about flexibility and patience. Talks about love.
We also made some pretty big changes to our nightly routine. Instead of putting Mollie down first, I'm now trying to read to the big girls before I put Mollie to bed. And an even bigger change, we moved Mollie into a toddler bed in our room. I hope this will help everyone get to sleep and sleep peacefully. Of course it might just mean that now Perry will join me in my sleeplessness, but there's only one way to find out.
Praying for a peaceful night.



Psa 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

The Millers said...

Sweet dreams, Turners!