Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Abby's Aldridge Gardens Field Trip

First, for my devoted readers (all 5 of you!) who have been wondering why I haven't been posting much, let me apologize. I'm having a cruddy week, and I just haven't felt like posting. Don't ask me what's wrong; it's really a whole bunch of little things that have come together and put me in a funk. But it will pass. And yesterday's field trip with Abby helped a bit.

We went to Aldridge Gardens - Sarah's class goes next week, and I'll get to spend some one-on-one time with Sarah then. But yesterday was all about Abby. I even rode the bus with her. It was a gorgeous day to be outside, and our tour guide was really great. We learned about the trees: deciduous trees and coniferous trees; broad-leaf and needle-leaf; evergreen; and even a "butterfly tree." I really learned a lot, and so did Abby. They even had some fun games for the kids to play throughout the tour. We ended the morning with a really nice picnic under the shade trees. Here's a slide show-

No comments: