Monday, October 13, 2008

The View (DDM)

This picture was taken by Perry today - it's the view from his hotel room, on the beach in Santa Monica. I'm jealous. Very, very jealous. My only consolation is that we'll all be out there next month.
Perry adding a post here....By the way, I added the subtitle DDM which is an acronym for Dumb Daddy Move. I'm famous, as are most Daddys, for those.

You would think that after six years of traveling to nice hotels in beautiful locales for work meetings that I would know better than to send home a picture like this one. I recall one trip in particular when I was in Scottsdale, AZ and the girls were 6 months old, and I phoned home to talk to J. One of my grizzled veteran colleagues heard my end of the conversation which was a reply to J's question asking me what I was doing..."just sitting by the pool, having a burger and a Corona. It's beautiful here." He pulled me aside afterward and and told me I had a lot to learn so he gave me some standard answers: "Food's not too good; it's overcast, I haven't seen the sun in two days; Nothing but boring meetings, training, work, work. " I guess I still haven't learned.

No comments: